| Forever Slim: How To Get That Weight Off!
I mentioned recording a hypnosis CD for weight loss to a friend, the first
thing she asked was, "Can you make me lose weight without exercise
and having to watch everything I eat?"
I thought about this a bit and said, "No."
I once worked in a very busy hypnosis center in Virginia Beach. I saw
four to seven clients each day, most of them wanting to lose weight. My
clients' success rate was extremely high, and it wasn't just because I
was an amazing hypnotist. Clinical research indicates that the majority
of people who use hypnosis for weight management not only achieve their
personal weight goals, but also maintain those goals (Journal of Clinical
Psychology, 41 (1), 35-41; Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology,
64 (3), 517-519).
I soon realized that most every client was a walking encyclopedia of weight
loss knowledge. They knew about all the diets, which foods are healthy,
which are fattening. They knew when and how often they should eat. They
knew they should exercise. They knew everything.
What they needed and wanted was the ability and motivation to APPLY all
that they knew to their lives. They wanted me to instill in their minds
and their behaviors the characteristics of a healthy, naturally thin person.
So, I interviewed naturally thin people to learn how they think about
food and exercise. As expected, the mindset was totally different, many
things of which were extremely subtle, some surprising.
All of these traits, all of these attitudes and behaviors - these are
what I gave to my weight loss clients. Like I said, they knew what to
do. They just didn't know how.
When I began writing my session for the "Forever Slim" CD, I wanted to
ensure without a doubt that people were given the absolute best information
possible. So I approached Dr. Tanya Zilberter, one of the most respected
nutrition and diet consultants on the web today. (Read this interview
- I am very fortunate to work with such a brilliant mind.)
Together, she and I came up with a list of behaviors and characteristics
of healthy, naturally thin people. I took this list and "inserted" it
throughout a powerful form of therapy designed to effect a positive change.
Below is the list Dr. Zilberter and I came up with. Understand that many
naturally thin people do not do everything on this list. What works for
some people doesn't work for others. And so, here are the 25 Characteristics
of Healthy, Naturally Thin People:
Naturally thin, healthy people:
1. Eat to live, not live to eat
2. Are not concerned about (or concentrate on) their weight and appearance
3. Know how to reward themselves with pleasures other than food
4. When eating, focus on enjoying the food, not watching TV, reading,
5. Chew their food slowly, savoring every bite
6. Leave food on their plate
7. Appreciate and prefer subtle taste of natural foods
8. Make fruits, vegetables, and fiber-rich foods the bulk of their meals
9. Very rarely eat junk food (empty calories)
10. Avoid artificial sweeteners
11. Do not drink commercial fruit juices and soda
12. Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day
13. Drink a glass of water before each meal, upon awakening, and right
14. Never eat calorie-dense foods on any diet
15. Never eat carbohydrate-dense foods even on a low fat diet
16. Never eat fat-dense foods even on a low carbohydrate diet
17. Never eat when not hungry, just because itís a meal time (even breakfast)
18. Are physically active - exercise 4-7 times a week
19. Have sufficient muscle mass (some form of strength training)
20. Know how to relax and do so often
21. Know whatís right to eat for their bodies
22. Are optimistic and have positive attitudes
23. Are not selfish but are often friendly, compassionate, outgoing, etc.
24. Have good body image no matter what weight
25. Treat their bodies as a sacred temple, only allowing in purity of
foods, purity of mind
Again, it's not necessary to have all 25 characteristics. As people become
more aware of these, they often slowly acquire more and more of these
traits. Soon, it snowballs. People don't even realize that their desire
for sweets has all but disappeared. They discover new, healthy foods.
Their taste buds are heightened since sugars and preservatives no longer
dull their palette. As a result, they begin to crave natural and live
foods. They crave water. They crave the healthy feeling of being fit,
of having muscle tone.
All of this happens because people, possibly for the first time in their
lives, intuitively become aware of what's natural for their bodies.
Some people can do this on their own. Others need a little push. The Forever
Slim CD gives people that little push and helps them stay on the right
track. With or without the CD, I just hope that people be healthy and
truly enjoy life and all that it has to offer.
Rob Daugherty is a webmaster, writer, and certified hypnotist.
This article is the companion article to the hypnosis/guided imagery CD
he created specifically to help people develop the characteristics of
a healthy, naturally thin person. Visit http://www.LetusPonder.com/naturallythin
for more information. To listen to other CDs online for free, visit http://www.mp3.com/robdaugherty